NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/2sywa395 by January 20, 2023 to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 240+ reviews.
New Higher Pay: $31,200 – $54,101
We are looking for an experienced transportation worker to join our Forsyth County Roadside Environmental team.
In this role you will:
Perform seeding/mulching, erosion control, and plant bed maintenance.
Install erosion control, mow, and maintain plant material along NCDOT Right-of-Ways.
Operate, inspect, and maintain equipment including trucks, tractors, tractor attachments, mulch blowers, and similar equipment, plus hand and power tools.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of vegetation management including shrubs, trees, fertilizer, etc. using sound horticultural practices.
- Experience applying herbicides to control weeds and brush.
- Experience operating pesticide applicators, trucks, tractors, and utility vehicles.
- Experience in at least 1 of these pieces of equipment: asphalt distributor, front end loader, dump truck, tractor “A” boom mower, mulch blower, sod seeder, tractor with sprayer attachments, brush chipper, conventional pesticide applicator, front end loader, hyrodseeder, or skid steer.
- Experience operating equipment designed for landscape operations.
- Discipline to perform assigned tasks and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License with N endorsement. (You can get this after hire through on-the-job training, but you MUST have it within 360 days of hire).
- Safety toe shoes.
- You will be work in all weather conditions and on uneven surfaces and slopes.
- You will be subject to emergency call back, scheduled night work, and work during adverse weather, or other extreme circumstances.
- We may require work during non-traditional work hours including nights, weekends, holidays, and times of emergency.
- We will conduct a pre-employment drug test and background check with your previous employers for the past 2 years about controlled substances and alcohol abuse.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma, and
3+ years of relevant experience; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: Danielle R. Herrin at (336) 896-2350.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs