NC Department of Transportation
How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/yc73ufyp by December 6, 2022 at midnight EST to be considered.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork.
We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 200+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $32,460 – $56,806
We are looking for an experienced Transportation Worker to join our Traffic Services team in Winston-Salem.
In this role you will:
- Be an edge line operator on the long line paint machine and operate all pavement markings equipment, pre-line, and/or inspect pavement markings.
- Work in Forsyth county and the other 5 counties in NCDOT Division 9.
- Assist with installing, maintaining, and replacing thermoplastic and paint type special markings on State maintained roads in Division 9 in compliance with NCDOT Standards.
- Perform necessary pre-lining of special markings and/or long line markings.
- Inspect pavement markings installations done by contractors.
What You Bring
- An intermediate level of experience in pre-lining and operation of thermoplastic & paint machines.
- Ability to properly install or manage installation of temporary traffic control as needed in accordance with NCDOT standards.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects independently.
- Good communication skills to work with various people across multiple organizations and the public.
- Ability work outside year-round in extreme heat and cold.
- Experience supervising Special Marking or Pre-line/Passing Zone crews.
- Knowledge in Advance Work Zone Safety and NCDOT Workplace Safety practices.
- Experience as a Lead Worker overseeing a Pavement Marker/Delineator or Special Marking crew.
- Experience in at least 2 pieces of Category B equipment (paint truck, pre-line paint machine, asphalt distributor, asphalt mixer, asphalt patcher, crack sealing machine, ditching machine, force feed loader, front end loader, lube truck, asphalt maintainer, post driver, skid steer, street sweeper, tandem dump truck, tractor “A” boom mower, truck w/aerial device).
- Experience disassembling, cleaning, and repairing spray devices and components parts for pavement marking machines.
- A Driver’s License (Note: If you don’t have one you may obtain one within 360 days of hire and we provide on-the-job training).
Education & Experience
High School/GED Diploma, and
5+ years experience operating equipment; or
An equivalent combination of training and experience.
You will be subject to 24-hour emergency response for the repairs of damaged regulatory signs, installation/maintenance of emergency detours, and snow & ice removal.
Call me: Nhatasha Alston at 336-896-2400.
Connect to NCDOT Careers on
See all NCDOT jobs at: https://bit.ly/ncdotjobs
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com