How to Apply
You MUST apply at https://tinyurl.com/bdecvrju by March 1.
NCDOT is a Great Place to Work.
Don’t take our word for it. Read what our people are saying at https://bit.ly/NCDOTGreatPlaceToWork. We are the highest rated state agency for employee satisfaction on Glassdoor with 270+ reviews.
New Higher Salary: $38,516 – $67,404
We are looking for an experienced Marine Mechanic Supervisor to join our Cherry Branch Marine Maintenance team to oversee the maintenance and repairs of our ferry diesel engines and other marine equipment.
In this role, you will:
- Supervise the maintenance, repair, and rebuilding of gas and diesel engines and other marine equipment in the NCDOT Ferry Division/Dredge unit.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of Marine Mechanics, Machinists, Welders, and Electricians.
- Work with considerable independence, in accordance with trade practices and NCDOT policies.
- Determine the types and extent of repair work necessary to return equipment to duty as soon as possible.
- Schedule and assign work to employees and establish general time limits necessary to complete repairs.
- Assist staff with difficult and specialized assignments, and with problems encountered.
- Determine extent of additional repairs to be done.
- At times, perform a variety of skilled tasks.
- Inspect work upon completion and determine that equipment is in proper operating condition.
- Manage spare parts and tool inventory.
- Prepare reports, work schedules, work orders, and materials requisitions.
- Purchase spare parts and materials.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of the operating principles of internal combustion engines and other equipment repaired in a marine maintenance facility.
- Knowledge of hydraulic, air, and electric control systems found on ferries, dredges, and other marine equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose the cause of malfunctioning equipment.
- Ability to schedule, guide, and assign work to others.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain routine clerical records.
Your work is subject to occasional inspection, but is reviewed primarily by the effective operation of repaired equipment.
Education & Experience
High school/GED diploma, and
3+ years experience in the performance of the full range of journey level tasks associated with maintenance and repair of diesel and gas engines, transmissions, hydraulic, air, and electric systems, and components, including 1+ year of which is in the ship repair or shipbuilding industry; or
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Call me: René Basnight at 252-423-5125.
Connect to NCDOT Careers: https://linkedin.com/in/ncdot-careers
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org