New Hampshire Department of Transportation
State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Highway Maintenance, District 1
641 Main Street, Lancaster, NH
Civil Engineer IV
(Access & Utility Engineer)
Labor Grade 27: $60,673.60-86,444.80
40 Hours per week
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Highway Maintenance, District 1, has a full time vacancy for a Civil Engineer IV (Access & Utility Engineer).
Summary: To develop and administer major engineering programs related to the various permitting functions of the district.
- Coordinates the permit application review process with other Department Bureaus, Federal agencies, State agencies, municipal authorities, developers, consultants, property owners, and utilities to ensure efficient issuance of the permits.
- Reviews, comments and directs changes to complex consultant-designed projects, studies, reports and plans to ensure compliance with Department standards, access management principals, and maintenance requirements.
- Inspects and monitors complex projects, coordinates major phases of construction and directs field changes in order to protect the traveling public and the integrity of the State highway system.
- Directs, trains, and supervises an engineering staff in the evaluation of plans and specifications, application of engineering principles and sound access management techniques, and inspection of highway construction to ensure compliance with Department standards and access permits.
- Develops, reviews, explains, and defends current and long-range Department objectives relative to the permit process in order to promote good public relations and the goals of the Department.
- Performs research and analysis relative to the State highway system in order to respond to public and governmental inquiries. Maintains the drainage inventory and ensure MS4 compliance.
- Supervises record-keeping of all permits, records, plans, deeds, easements, and other public documents for all highways and/or projects within the District.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Four years of post-baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Six years of post-baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering or engineering technology.
Experience: Six years of experience in the practice of engineering at a level equivalent to Civil Engineer I (or higher), plus two additional years of experience in a position comparable to an Engineering Technician.
- Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New Hampshire or a Licensed Professional Engineer in another state and obtain licensure in NH within one year of employment. Licensure designation must be in Civil, Civil Highway, Geo Technical or Structural Engineering.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and/or have access to transportation for statewide travel.
- The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have telephone. Willingness to be available for 24-hour call. It is preferred that the successful candidate lives within the District. All accountabilities must be performed in accordance with State and Department rules and policies, including risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists the essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of the classification.
For additional information contact Philip Beaulieu, District 1 Engineer, at 603-788-4641 or at District1@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
Register and save a Talent Profile complete with education, work experience, copies of official transcripts, PE licensure and list of 2 references. Then Search Jobs for Job ID 25743 to submit your official State of NH on-line application. For assistance applying online, contact Krista Robichaud, Recruitment Specialist at 603-271-8026 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com