New Hampshire Department of Transportation
State of New Hampshire
Department of Transportation – Bureau of Finance & Contracts
7 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
Labor Grade 31: $66,729.00 – $95,979.00
37-1/2 Hours per week
Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Bureau of Finance and Contracts, has a full time vacancy for an Administrator III.
SUMMARY: To perform broad financial and federal bill review and monitoring of state fund accounting and financial reporting systems in accordance with State and Federal Government reporting practices and requirements. Conduct financial analyses, perform critical review and create complex spreadsheets and financial reports relative to the department’s financial and reporting requirements.
- Develops department accounting and federal billing policy and procedures; prepares and updates operating policy manual for a financial or accounting unit.
- Consults and prepares accounting and audit guidelines for other bureaus.
- Participates and makes recommendations relative to procedures and controls for system design and implementation of electronic data and accounting processes.
- Supervises staff, reviews work, conducts annual performance appraisals, solves personnel problems and recommends to the Finance Bureau Administrator matters in hiring, discipline and firing.
- Supervises and prepares specialized financial reports, provides analyses to ensure needs of department are met for purposes of presentation to public, Governor, Legislative Committees and other Federal, State, or Municipal Officials as needed. This includes preparing for and working within various scenarios and outcomes that may have a determinable impact on organizational structure and associated staff.
- Reviews activities of accounting units and supervises the recording and posting of all state and federal financial transactions, including the reconciliation of various fund balances to the general ledger.
- Responds to department, state, and federal officials in a manner to better communicate and to respond in a timely manner.
- Coordinates with and supports Department Commissioners and Directors for the completion of the Department wide Budget to the Governor’s Office, Legislators, and Dept. of Administrative Services.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with major study in finance, accounting, business administration/management or related field.
Experience: Seven years of experience in finance, accounting, business administration/management or a related field, four years of which must have been in a management level position involving administrative or supervisory duties concerned with program administration, program planning and evaluation or related management experience.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with major study in finance, accounting, business administration/management or related field.
Experience: Eight years of experience in finance, accounting, business administration/management or a related field, four years of which must have been in a management level position involving administrative or supervisory duties concerned with program administration, program planning and evaluation or related management experience.
License/Certification: Applicant must possess a valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation for statewide travel. The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All accountabilities must be performed in accordance with State and Department rules and policies, including risk management, safety and environmental standards, regulations and administrative orders.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to a position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact Danielle Chandonnet, Administrator, at 603-271-3466 or at Bureau14@dot.nh.gov .
Register and save a Talent Profile complete with education, work experience and 2 references, then Search Jobs for Job ID 23540 to submit your on-line application.
For assistance creating your talent profile or applying online, contact Krista Robichaud, Recruitment Specialist, at 603-271-8026 or at Krista.Robichaud@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org