New Hampshire Department of Transportation
State of New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Bureau of Materials & Research
5 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
PAVEMENT MANAGEMENT ENGINEER
(Civil Engineer IV)
Labor Grade 27: $60,673.60 – $86,444.80
40 Hours per Week
The State of New Hampshire, Department of Transportation, Division of Project Development, Bureau of Materials & Research, has a full-time vacancy for a Pavement Management Engineer (Civil Engineer IV).
SUMMARY: To perform professional engineering tasks in planning, evaluating, and designing bituminous pavements used on Department of Transportation projects. Aids in the planning, development, and maintenance of the Department’s 3-year paving program.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: 4 years’ post baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: 6 years’ post baccalaureate experience in engineering.
Education: Associate’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering or engineering technology.
Experience: 6 years’ experience in engineering at a level equivalent to Civil Engineer I (or higher), plus 2 additional years of experience in a position comparable to an Engineering Technician.
License/Certification: Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New Hampshire or a Licensed Professional Engineer in another state and obtain licensure in NH within one year of employment. Licensure designation must be in Civil, Civil Highway, Geo Technical or Structural Engineering. Must possess a valid driver’s license. The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
YOUR EXPERIENCE COUNTS!
Under a recent change to the rules, an applicant’s relevant experience now counts towards formal education degrees referenced in the posting! See Per 405.1.
- 1.5 Years of additional relevant experience = Associate’s degree
- 3 Years of additional relevant experience = Bachelor’s degree
- 4.5 Years of additional relevant experience = Master’s degree
- Conducts field inspections and manages field exploration programs to determine the conditions of existing pavements and their supporting structure. Investigates pavement related roadway problems, analyzes and documents results, and provides a written report with recommendations for corrective action.
- Designs pavement structures, including base courses, using professional engineering principles. Computes and/or approves structure layer thickness, including pavement type and thickness, consistent with current design practice. Evaluates financial and life cycle of various designs.
- Performs professional engineering tasks for the Planning, Development, and Construction phases of the Department’s 3-year paving program. Generates figures, tables, cost estimates as deemed necessary. Maintains the Department’s 3 year paving program in GIS. Generates GIS maps for internal and external use.
- Compiles pavement as-built data and associated cost data. Maintains the paving history database in GIS and produces reports, maps, and tables as required.
- Writes, reviews and recommends changes to specifications for pavements and pavement-related materials used by the State and by many New Hampshire city and town governments. Evaluates new pavement rehabilitation and preservation processes for potential incorporation into the Department’s pavement management strategy.
- Attends technical meetings and conferences relating to Pavement Management for the purpose of staying current with state of practice and developing and maintaining state-of-the-art management systems.
- Coordinates and trains engineering and technical staff in the development and deployment of pavement management strategies. Provides support to other Bureaus regarding pavement management concerns.
- Serves on the Pavement Management Committee (PMC) and other Task Forces associated with the Department’s asset management initiatives.
- Collaborates with other Pavement Management Staff and other Bureaus and Divisions to address special data requests as needed.
Disclaimer Statement: The supplemental job description lists the essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For further information please contact Dennis Herrick, Administrator, at (603) 271-3151 or Bureau42@dot.nh.gov .
Register and save a Talent Profile complete with contact information, education, employment history and 2 references, then search jobs for Job ID 29043 to apply. For assistance creating your talent profile or applying online contact Krista Robichaud at (603) 271-8026 or Krista.Robichaud@dot.nh.gov .
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com