New Hampshire Department of Transportation
State of New Hampshire Job Posting
Department of Transportation – Bureau of Materials & Research
5 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
PAVEMENT DESIGN ENGINEER
(Civil Engineer V)
Labor Grade 30: $68,993.60 – $99,091.20
40 Hours per week
Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for education
SUMMARY: To oversee activities having to do with pavement on all state roads including roadway structure design, resurfacing recommendations review, failure analysis, ride quality programs, pavement management and recommends funding needs for the Department Pavement Preservation program.
- Investigates all bituminous pavement problems, documents results, provides a report with recommendations for corrective actions.
- Reviews pavement structure designs, including base courses. Computes and/or approves structure layer thickness, including pavement type and thickness, consistent with projected traffic loads.
- Conducts field inspections of proposed project sites to determine the conditions of existing pavements and documents and reports findings.
- Writes, reviews, and recommends changes in various pavement specifications used by the Department and participates on the Specification Committee Pavement Subcommittee.
- Develops paving contracts for the Department’s resurfacing program and other pavement rehabilitation projects, as required.
- Serves as Department representative at regional conferences associated with pavement issues.
- Develops annual statewide paving and preservation programs, utilizing recommendations from each Highway Maintenance District and pavement management software.
- Implements new test procedures used to define performance of pavement materials and recommends new pavement treatments.
- Participates in Department pavement research and coordinates the implementation of new pavement technology.
- Develops and presents pavement related presentations to Transportation Department heads and FHWA personnel.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering, or possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering and possession of a Master of Business Administration degree from an accredited institute of higher education..
Experience: One year of experience in the practice of engineering post Professional Engineer licensure
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in engineering.
Experience: Three years of experience in the practice of engineering post Professional Engineer licensure.
Education: Possession of an Associate’s degree from an accredited institute of higher education with a major study in an engineering or engineering technology.
Experience: Five years of experience in the practice of civil engineering post Professional Engineer licensure.
- Must be a Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of New Hampshire or a Licensed Professional Engineer in another state and obtain licensure in NH within one year of employment. Licensure designation must be in Civil, Civil Highway, Geo Technical or Structural Engineering.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. The applicant’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet the minimum standards as established by the hiring agency.
DISCLAIMER STATEMENT: The supplemental job description lists essential functions of the position and is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. An employee may be required to perform other related duties not listed on the supplemental job description provided that such duties are characteristic of that classification.
For additional information contact Dennis Herrick, Administrator, at 603-271-3151 or at Bureau42@dot.nh.gov .
Go to https://das.nh.gov/jobsearch/ to register and save your contact information, education, employment history and 2 references, then Search Jobs for Job ID 29593 to submit your official State of NH application. For assistance creating your talent profile or applying online, contact Krista Robichaud, Recruitment Specialist, at 603-271-8026 or at Krista.Robichaud@dot.nh.gov .
TDD Access: Relay NH 1-800-735-2964
*See total compensation information at the bottom of the announcement
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org