NEW JERSEY DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
The New JerseyDepartment of Transportation (NJDOT) is seeking candidates for the position of Analyst Trainee
within the The Office of Legislative, Regulatory and Administrative Actions. Analyst Trainees are
assigned a 35 – hour work week. Current starting salary is $46,431and after six months is $48,531.
As a NJ State Department, NJDOT offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health Care
(medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision care), Pension, Deferred Compensation, 13 paid holidays,
and Benefit Leave (12 vacation days, 15 sick days, and 3 administrative days).
The Department of Transportation (DOT) currently offers a telework pilot program, and this position may qualify for
up to 2 days of remote work at your primary residence outside of your assigned DOT work location. This program
does not supersede the “New Jersey First Act”, which requires newly hired NJDOT employees to establish, and
then maintain, principal residence in the State of New Jersey.
New hires will not be eligible for the telework pilot program until they successfully complete their 4 – month
working test period.
The Office of Legislative, Regulatory and Administrative Actions conducts Policy Reviews,
Regulatory Compliance, and Correspondence with elected officials throughout the state
when dealing with legislative and department initiatives.
Under supervision, this entry level position will be responsible for:
• Working with NJDOT Staff to develop positions on proposed legislation
• Developing Analyses, written reports, and materials to support NJDOT’s position
• Tracking Analyzing and interpreting legislation
• Tracking, Reviewing, Analyzing and summarizing hearings conducted by Legislative Committees and other entities
• Preparing Research, Bill Summaries and Amendments
• Serving as the primary point of contact for assigned legislation
• Preforming other tasks as needed
Graduation from an accredited college or Universitywith a Bachelor’s degree.
For more information regarding this position, please refer to: http://info.csc.state.nj.us/jobspec/55300.htm
• Ability to handle large workloads with deadlines
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and multi – task
• Ability to learn to prepare technically sound, accurate and informative reports
• Comprehensive Knowledge of MS Office
• Strong Time management skills
• Strong Analytic skills
• Ability to draw logical conclusions from information gathered
• Ability to document research conducted
• Ability to write in a clear, concise, well – organized and technically correct manner.
Work Authorization: Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of
Homeland Security, United States Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations. NJDOT does not provide sponsorship
or accept student OPT/CPT program, F1 or H1B work authorization visas.
Residency: All persons newly hired on or after September 1, 2011 have one year from the date of employment to
establish, and then maintain principal residence in the State of New Jersey subject to the provisions of
N.J.S.A. 52:14 – 7 (L.2011, Chapter 70), also known as the “New Jersey First Act.”
You must apply through the NJDOTwebsite at: https://www.state.nj.us/transportation/about/employ/openings.shtm
Submit a complete packet by the closing date that includes the following documents:
• NJ State Application for Employment (Application instructions can be found at link above)
• Letter of interest
• Current resume
• Copy of unofficial transcript OR foreign degree evaluation
To apply for this job email your details to DOT.NJDOTJOBS@dot.nj.gov