New Mexico Department of Transportation
$27.09 – $43.35 Hourly
$56,357 – $90,171 Annually
This position is a Pay Band 75
Interviews are anticipated to be conducted within two (2) weeks of closing date.
Why does the job exist?
This position will direct, oversee and plan work for the maintenance crew. Position will manage budget, equipment operations, manpower and materials for all highway road maintenance and construction activities; may operate medium to heavy duty equipment as needed, in a safe and efficient manner to maintain interstate roads, roadways and highways for the safety of the traveling public.
How does it get done?
Budget allocation and spending.
Prioritizing, scheduling and assigning work.
Roadway quantity calculations.
Assessing road conditions and treatments.
Ensure proper tools and equipment are available for work and dealing with equipment issues and replacement.
Employee safety, injury prevention.
Who are the customers?
The traveling public and pedestrians.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
– Experience supervising and managing employees on a highway maintenance crew.
– Perform clerical and administrative duties; prepare preventative maintenance reports, equipment usage reports; material estimates, fixed asset inventory control, store supply requests; complete bulk fuel inventories; process procurement documents; maintain operations records; maintain budget and track field supply materials; complete training request forms and On the Job Training (OJT) reports; process material estimates and reports; enter daily reports and bi-weekly schedules in the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and enter/approve time in SHARE.
– Maintenance of roadways and roadway features; Provide an efficient quality transportation system for the safety of the traveling public by maintaining highways, right of ways, signs, roadways, structures, fences in accordance with the Maintenance Management System (MMS) and Department policies and procedures; develop plans for fog seal, crack seals, and other preventative maintenance plans; maintain and repair equipment, buildings and grounds.
– Complete employee performance evaluations for employees pursuant applicable SPB rules and Department policy including: opening, interim, and final evaluations in a timely manner and provide appropriate feedback; route evaluations to Human Resource Office at least two (2) weeks prior to anniversary date, separation, transfer, or promotion; develop action plans where necessary.
A Bachelor’s Degree in any field of study from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of professional level experience operating within parameters and guidelines directly related to the purpose of the position defined by the agency at the time of recruitment. Substitutions Apply. See Substitution Table below. A hiring agency will designate that a portion of the required experience to include supervisory and/or specialized experience. Any required licensure, certification or registration shall be defined at the time of recruitment and will be in addition to the above requirements.
These combinations of education and experience qualify you for the position:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
9 years of experience
7 years of experience
5 years of experience
3 years of experience
1 year of experience
• Education and years of experience must be related to the purpose of the position.
• If Minimum Qualification requires a specific number of “semester hours” in a field (e.g. 6 semester hours in Accounting), applicants MUST have those semester hours in order to meet the minimum qualifications. No substitutions apply for semester hours.
Class A Commercial Drivers’ License at time of interview required.
State of New Mexico employees may be impacted by the Public Health Order dated December 19, 2022, which requires facilities licensed or certified by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”), including all hospital types, long-term care facilities, nursing homes, hospice facilities and rehabilitation facilities, as well as assisted living facilities and adult day care settings, to adhere to all COVID-related requirements prescribed by CMS, including, but not limited to masking and staff vaccination.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) and extensive personal computer and phone usage.
Do you know what Total Compensation is? http://www.spo.state.nm.us/total-compensation.aspx
Agency Contact Information: Kathrine Martinez (575) 313-4218
For information on Statutory Requirements for this position, click the Classification Description link on the job advertisement.
Bargaining Unit Position
This position is not covered by a collective bargaining agreement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com