Transportation Maintenance Coordinator 1 – Highway Maintenance Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 5
Salary Range: $3,546 – $5,396
Do you want to use your skills to make a difference? We are looking for someone to join our hardworking Vale crew in Region 5 and help keep Oregon’s roadways safe! Each region is in charge of developing and managing the construction of highway projects, plus the maintenance and operation of state, federal and interstate highways within its boundaries. As part of our maintenance team, you will repair and rebuild roadways, highways, structures and facilities. If this work appeals to you, apply today!
Our first application screening is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on Monday, March 20, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Advise and guide employees in effective performance and resolve work-related issues.
· Review and evaluate structural damages from accidents.
· Coordinate activities with other crews, agencies, contractors and news media to ensure safety.
· Ensure crew has the resources to accomplish work.
· Ensure proper maintenance of equipment.
· Review work of crew and provide input to Transportation Maintenance Manager (TMM).
· Assist the TMM by preparing, reviewing and signing a variety of documents.
· Provide new employee orientation and training.
· May assist with writing and evaluating contracts.
To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in Vale, Oregon!
What we need:
Three years of maintenance and/or construction experience in roadway/highway, bridge, sign, drawbridge or landscape.
· Employee will be required to use a commercial motor vehicle to conduct business. You must possess a current, valid commercial driver’s license A (CDL-A) with a tanker endorsement, and no air brake restrictions, OR have the ability to acquire one within 90 days of hire (ODOT will cover training and costs) to be considered eligible for this position. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Clearinghouse registration and full query check for our final candidate(s) and annual query for current employees.
· This position requires a maximum 30-minute response time to 1077 Barkley Dr., Vale, Oregon 97918 for emergency callouts.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Operating heavy and light motorized equipment.
· Using hand and power tools.
· Performing minor servicing of equipment.
· Applying safety procedures.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Monday, March 20, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
For questions, call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov