Office Specialist 2 – Office Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 4
District 11 Maintenance
Do you have office experience and want to make a difference in your community? We want you to join our team in Lakeview! As an office specialist, you will provide administrative and clerical support to maintenance crews. You will also assist with records processing and answer questions from staff and the public. Apply today!
This position is based out of Lakeview in Southern Oregon close to the California border. Learn more about the adventures and activities scenic Lakeview has to offer!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions. We hope you’ll join us on our path to increasing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging through our values, commitments, strategies and actions.
A day in the life:
- Serve as the initial public contact for the area office both in person and via phone.
- Process purchase orders, storeroom orders, expense statements, invoices and bills to purchase or pay for materials, equipment, supplies, services, utilities and payroll related costs and services.
- Verify accuracy and process timecards, payroll timesheets, standard labor and equipment reports.
- Prepare and process paperwork for new hires and returning winter seasonal employees.
- Act as a resource for management on department rules and policies, collective bargaining agreements, personnel policies and procedures.
- Organize and maintain filing systems which includes confidential materials, purge files according to retention schedules and follow up when files need further attention.
- Compile and analyze data for a variety of reports and special projects.
- Ensure that accident or illness investigation forms are filled out correctly and sent to the appropriate office.
- Hybrid remote work options available – the frequency of remote work will be determined by the hiring manager and the final candidate upon hire. Work is performed in an office environment and may require some travel.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, paid leave and so much more. Learn more about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation and the benefits we offer.
- Competitive benefits packages which can be estimated using our compensation calculator.
- Comprehensive and equitable base salary offer within the listed range based on your experience, skills and education. The salary range listed is the non-PERS participating rate. If you are already a participating PERS member or once you become PERS eligible, the salary range will increase by 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details.
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness opportunity!
Two years of general clerical experience that includes keyboarding, word processing, or other experience generating documents.
An associate degree in any field.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these attributes, let us know in your application materials! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! You do not need to have all these qualities to be eligible for this position. We may also use transferable skills, experience, education and alignment with ODOT values to help us decide who will move forward.
- Two years’ experience in an office setting.
- Experience using Microsoft products efficiently.
- Accounts payable experience.
- Budget experience.
- Experience working cohesively on a team.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-910-6372 or email ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer