Transportation Maintenance Coordinator 1 – Highway Maintenance Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 4
Join our team in Maupin as a highway maintenance coordinator! In this role, you will plan and schedule work and oversee crews that maintain and repair structures and surfaces. You will also perform computer and office duties involving timecards, reports and patrol logs.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Plan, prioritize, schedule and assign work activities based on the availability of materials, equipment and staff resources.
- Advise and guide employees on effective performance and to resolve work related issues.
- Ensure the proper maintenance of equipment by scheduling repairs and services with vendors and field mechanics.
- Assist the transportation maintenance manager with short and long range planning and budget preparation.
- Review the work of the crew and provide input to the transportation maintenance manager on employee performance.
- Patrol highways and structures for potential accidents, hazards and damages and respond to accidents and emergencies.
- Prepare, review and sign a variety of documents.
- Provide new employee orientation and train employees to operate heavy and light equipment safely.
- Participate as a member of the district operations team which determines district wide resources.
- Exposure to noise, extreme heights, adverse weather, heavy equipment, pesticides and hazardous waste materials is expected.
- Must be able to move around rough terrain, on uneven slopes and may need to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Will need to be available after hours, on weekends and holidays for emergency, on call and weather related purposes.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Learn more about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Maupin, Oregon!
What we need:
Three years of maintenance and/or construction experience in roadway/highway, bridge, sign, drawbridge or landscape.
CDL-A Required: Employee will be required to use a commercial motor vehicle to conduct business. You must possess a current, valid commercial driver’s license A (CDL-A) with no air brake restrictions to be considered eligible for this position. You must have the ability to obtain a tanker endorsement within 30 days of hire. A valid driver license and an acceptable driving record are required for this position. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks, including Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Clearinghouse registration and full query check for our final candidate(s) and annual query for current employees.
This position requires a maximum 30 minute response time to 54773 Highway 197, Maupin, OR 97037 for emergency call-outs.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Highway maintenance experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience operating light and heavy equipment.
- Experience working cohesively with a team.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 27, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-910-6372 or email ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov