Program Analyst 2 – Inclusion & Diversity Analyst
Oregon Department of Transportation
Support Services Division – Procurement Office
As an inclusion & diversity analyst, you will lead, coordinate and implement a procurement supplier inclusion and diversity program. You will focus on developing and delivering program strategies and long and short term initiatives that make business to business and business to government contracting opportunities possible. In this role, you will plan and coordinate people, policies, processes and interested parties to connect businesses to contract opportunities and create value for Oregonians. You will engage with suppliers on how to do business with our agency, contract compliance, project management activities, interested party engagement and community relations. Your focus will be on shaping procurement activities that support supplier diversity and inclusion goals for ODOT and Oregon businesses. Apply today and make a difference for a lifetime!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Develop program initiatives that create alignment across directives, statewide initiatives and strategic plans.
- Establish guidelines, implementation structures and processes for the procurement supplier diversity and inclusion oversight program.
- Adapt and recommend changes to policies, procedures, standards, training materials and templates.
- Participate in councils, committees and subgroups.
- Act as the liaison and representative for all procurement supplier diversity and inclusion program initiatives and assignments.
- Conduct market research of suppliers, contractors and consultants who can offer goods and services for forecasted procurements.
- Advise black, indigenous and other people of color (BIPOC), small, disadvantaged, women owned and veteran owned businesses of upcoming opportunities.
- Participate in procurement processes and recommend changes to documents and procurement practices to ensure inclusive language and to create greater contracting opportunities for underrepresented businesses.
- Evaluate supplier contract compliance issues.
- Prepare reports on the progress of supplier diversity and inclusion activities and program goals.
- Identify a procurement outreach program communication strategy, lead and coordinate outreach activities and develop and deliver training.
- Hybrid remote work options available! You are expected to come into the office for meetings up to 8 times a year or to perform duties that cannot be done remotely. Work may require occasional travel to attend meetings, seminars or to deliver trainings.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, remote work opportunities, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Learn more about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- A positive, helpful work environment and team of knowledgeable and experienced associates.
- Opportunity to work with many industries and a variety of work initiatives.
Any combination of experience or education equivalent to five years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skill requirements listed for the classification.
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, or a degree related to the agency program that demonstrates the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two years experience coordinating or administering a program.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these attributes, let us know in your application materials! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! You do not need to have all these qualities to be eligible for this position. We may also use transferable skills, experience, education and alignment with ODOT values to help us decide who will move forward.
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating a program.
- Experience delivering and writing messages that are concise, comprehensive, accurate, appropriate for the audience, grammatically correct and clear.
- Experience creating and analyzing reports and data and translating it into actionable insights to be used by nonexperts.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Publisher, Word, Visio and Excel.
- Certification in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), change management or project management preferred.
Learn more and apply:
Our next application screening is scheduled for 8:00 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 20, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-910-6372 or email ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov