Oregon Department of Transportation
Initial Posting Date:
Department of Transportation
$4,607 – $7,082
Access Management Coordinator
Civil Engineer Specialist 2 – Access Management Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations
District 2C / Maintenance
ODOT is following the direction of the Governor’s Office to help slow and prevent the spread of COVID-19. Visit our COVID-19 webpage for more information.
ODOT is looking for a new member to be a part of a maintenance District Office crew! As an access management coordinator, you will evaluate transportation impacts and provide critical evaluations of District proposals. You will also provide engineering operations assistance and assume some assistant district manager responsibilities as seen fit. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Review traffic impacts of proposed developments, land use and zone changes.
- Develop liaisons with city and county staff and developers.
- Perform preliminary plan review of upcoming construction projects.
- Monitor hazardous waste sites.
- Develop and administer maintenance contracts.
- Coordinate traffic signal approval and design processes.
- Assist in traffic operation and safety studies.
- Assist in running the District Office when staff levels are low.
- Negotiate agreements with developers and local governments.
- Monitor District for consistency in complying with State policy.
To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more.
Live, work and play in Estacada, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
- Five years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments.
- A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering and two years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
The State of Oregon requires all executive branch employees to complete their COVID-19 vaccination series or have an approved exception to the requirement due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief. Successful candidates for this position must submit vaccination documentation or be approved for an exception prior to their first day of employment. Failure to provide proof of full documentation or receipt of an approved exception will lead to withdrawal of the job offer.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Experience applying and understanding highway engineering concepts in a work environment.
- Experience reading plans and blueprints.
- Experience working with various stakeholders including individuals, private groups and other agencies.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working with transportation projects from the beginning of development through completion of construction.
How to apply:
Complete the following required steps:
- Fill out the application. We will not accept a position description or attached resume in place of a completed application.
- Complete questionnaire. Answer the checkbox-style questions before submitting your application.
After you submit your application, please respond to the public records request authorization and gender identity questionnaire. This screen will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your Workday inbox.
If you are a veteran, you may receive preference. Click here for more information about veterans’ preference. The task to claim preference will come after the public records request and gender identity questionnaire tasks. For privacy reasons, please do not attach your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your application or combine it with any other required document attachments.
For questions, call 971-345-1967 or email email@example.com.
The fine print:
We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as transferable skills, experience, education, and alignment with ODOT values.
We do not offer visa sponsorship. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
Don’t attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
We may use this recruitment to fill multiple or future vacancies
We will conduct name-based criminal background checks on final candidates, including current ODOT employees. All applicants may be subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS (Law Enforcement Data System), and/or education verification as required for the position.
You will be represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding EEO/AA/ADA, contact 1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT). This information can be made available in an alternative format by contacting ODOT Recruitment at 503-986-3700. Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.state.or.us