Oregon Department of Transportation
Associate in Engineering 2 – Senior Construction Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 5
Salary Range: $4,750 – $7,366
Apply today to become a senior construction specialist in La Grande! You will serve the Region 5 – Eastern Oregon area by participating in the operations and construction of projects and facilities.
The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at an Associate in Engineering 2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for an Associate in Engineering 1 ($4,306 – $6,680) to apply, as we may consider underfilling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for an Associate in Engineering 2. Underfill training will not exceed three years.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Perform complex inspection duties and resolve day to day problems.
· Provide technical assistance to lower level inspection staff.
· Perform and assist in checking progress estimates and verification of contractor submittals.
· Provide oversight to ensure contractor and Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) subcontractors meet contract requirements.
· Initiate, negotiate and review proposed contract changes.
· Act as a resource to survey crews, drafters and designers and provide technical assistance.
· Assist supervisors with training office and field staff.
· Enforce compliance to plans and specifications.
· Perform office engineering duties using Microstation, In Roads, and OpenRoads software.
· Represent the construction crew on project delivery teams and scoping efforts.
· At least 50% of the work is performed in the field and includes working long hours, weekends, in inclement weather, near traffic or construction equipment and occasional travel with overnight stays.
· To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in La Grande, Oregon!
What we need for an associate in engineering 2:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam AND one (1) year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
What we need for an associate in engineering 1 under-fill option:
A Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Transportation-related Engineering;
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with engineers, agency staff, contractors and technicians.
· Extensive experience related to heavy highway construction inspection and administration.
· Working knowledge of computer aided design software.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov