Oregon Department of Transportation
Civil Engineering Specialist 1 – Quality Control Compliance Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 5
Salary Range: $4,306 – $6,680
Join our team in Region 5 as a quality control compliance specialist! In this role, you will be responsible for leading the quality assurance program for all projects assigned to the field construction office. You will coordinate agency staff and contractors to ensure contract compliance, ensure the quality of materials used and make sure program requirements are met. Apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
· Interpret contract plans and specifications for construction projects.
· Inspect the quality of material and method of construction to ensure compliance.
· Randomly inspect for proper sampling and testing procedures.
· Provide technical expertise to project inspectors.
· Participate in and facilitate construction related meetings.
· Prepare the test summary for field tested and non-field tested materials.
· Review contractors and agency test results.
· Calculate price adjustments for incorporated materials.
· Review contractor mix designs for compliance and submit them for approval.
· Attend technical seminars on materials and inspection practices and testing procedures.
· Work is performed 50% in the field and may require working in inclement weather, near traffic or construction equipment, exposure to hazardous chemicals and radiation and lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Work requires flexible hours, occasionally being on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays, frequent travel and working long hours.
· To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
· Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
· Live, work and play in La Grande, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
Four (4) years of para-professional engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
An associate’s degree in engineering technology or surveying from a recognized community college or technical school of engineering AND two and one-half years (2.5) of engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying, or transportation-related engineering AND one (1) year civil engineering or surveying experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Extensive experience testing and inspecting materials used to construct highway projects.
· Possess the following certifications: CAT1, CAT2, CAgT, CEBT, CDT, QCT and CCT.
· Experience communicating with contractors, technicians and engineers.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday December 13, 2022.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov