Oregon Department of Transportation
Civil Engineering Specialist 3 – Senior Construction Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 5
Salary Range: $5,498 – $8,525
Do you have experience in transportation-related engineering? Bring your skills to our team in Region 5 and help ensure the safety of our highway system by managing construction contracts and verifying that sound engineering practices are followed. You will mentor junior team members and assist the resident engineers in the Region. Apply today!
A day in the life:
· Manage project documentation using digital document management tools.
· Participate on project teams by providing construction engineering and constructability expertise during project development.
· Review complex engineering designs and digital design models; recommend alterations when appropriate.
· Direct, coordinate, and complete plan, specification, and construction estimates.
· Analyze, develop, and complete construction schedules during project development.
· Simultaneously administer multiple complex construction contracts.
· Mentor and direct construction crew personnel doing inspection, surveying, design, quality, and quantity compliance.
· Analyze and solve complex engineering problems that arise during construction.
· Initiate, negotiate, and review proposed contract changes such as time extensions, claims, or change orders.
· Represent the agency to local agencies, the public, and other stakeholders.
· The majority of the work is performed in an office, with extensive use of computers. At least 30% of the work is performed in the field, in all weather conditions, in close proximity to highway traffic, and construction equipment. May be required to work long hours, including nights and weekends. Occasional exposure to persons who may be emotionally charged.
· To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in La Grande, Oregon!
What we need:
Seven years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. Two years of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments in drafting, field or laboratory inspection, construction contract administration, surveying, materials testing, or traffic investigations;
A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering AND four years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience;
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Extensive experience related to administering highway construction projects.
· Experience mentoring subordinate staff.
· Experience performing constructability reviews of engineering designs.
· Experience collaborating with a range of professional and engineering staff on design teams.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov