Oregon Department of Transportation
Civil Engineering Specialist 1 – Quality Control Compliance Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 5
Salary Range: $4,306 – $6,680
Join our team in Region 5 as a quality control compliance specialist! In this role, you will be responsible for leading the quality assurance program for all projects assigned to the field construction office. You will coordinate agency staff and contractors to ensure contract compliance, ensure the quality of materials used and make sure program requirements are met. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Interpret contract plans and specifications for construction projects.
· Inspect the quality of material and method of construction to ensure compliance.
· Randomly inspect for proper sampling and testing procedures.
· Provide technical expertise to project inspectors.
· Participate in and facilitate construction related meetings.
· Prepare the test summary for field tested and non-field-tested materials.
· Review contractors and agency test results.
· Calculate price adjustments for incorporated materials.
· Review contractors mix designs for compliance and submit them for approval.
· Attend technical seminars on materials and inspection practices and testing procedures.
· Work is performed 50% in the field and may require working in inclement weather, near traffic or construction equipment, exposure to hazardous chemicals and radiation and lifting up to 50 pounds.
· Work requires flexible hours, occasionally being on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week including holidays, frequent travel and working long hours.
· To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in La Grande, Oregon!
What we need:
Four (4) years of para-professional engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
An associate degree in engineering technology or surveying from a recognized community college or technical school of engineering AND two and one-half years (2.5) of engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been working independently or as a senior member of a team or work group.
A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying, or transportation-related engineering AND one (1) year civil engineering or surveying experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Extensive experience testing and inspecting materials used to construct highway projects.
· Possess the following certifications: CAT1, CAT2, CAgT, CEBT, CDT, QCT and CCT.
· Experience communicating with contractors, technicians and engineers.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, January 31, 2023.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov