Oregon Department of Transportation
Civil Engineering Specialist 2 – Project Coordinator
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 5
Salary Range: $4,750 – $7,366
Join our team in Ontario as a project coordinator! In this role, you will work as part of our Region 5 team to perform field engineering work on construction and maintenance projects. Apply today to join us in keeping Oregon on the move!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
The majority of the work performed by the person in this position will be performed in the Eastern Oregon Border Economic Region.
· If you are a current Malheur County resident, you may receive 5% preference for this recruitment. Please indicate in your application questionnaire for this recruitment if you are requesting Malheur County residence preference in employment.
· A resident applicant who received preference and accepted the position must maintain residency in Malheur County for at least five consecutive years following the hire date.
· Failure to maintain residency in Malheur County is considered a voluntary termination.
A day in the life:
· Review and recommend changes to project plans and specifications.
· Organize, prepare agenda and oversee pre-construction conferences.
· Review and prepare quantity and cost estimates for construction projects.
· Prepare estimates and justifications for proposed contract changes.
· Train personnel in construction methods, including inspections, material testing, contract documentation and administration,
· Direct and review work of other crew members.
· Coordinate field inspection activities on complex highway construction projects.
· Review and prepare cost estimates for projects.
· Assure adherence to the contract by the contractor
· Conduct constructability reviews
· 50% of work performed outdoors and may include working in hazardous conditions.
· Job site visits may involve walking on uneven terrain, stooping, bending, and climbing ladders and scaffolding.
· May involve lifting and carrying equipment, up to 50 pounds.
· Working in and around chemicals and radioactive sources associated with materials testing.
To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in Ontario, Oregon!
What we need:
Five years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience. One year of this experience must have been independently planning and completing assignments.
A bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, surveying or transportation-related engineering and two years of civil or transportation-related engineering or surveying experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Knowledge of highway construction procedures and practices.
· Knowledge of mathematics, land surveying methods.
· Knowledge of MS Outlook, Word, Excel and Access.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
· Mentoring and coaching skills.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, December 12, 2022.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov