Oregon Department of Transportation
Professional Engineer 1 – Roadway Engineer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 1
Technical Center / Roadway Unit
Salary Range: $6,060 – $9,402
We are recruiting for a roadway engineer! In this role, you will design the roadway portion of transportation projects, review permit plans, specifications and estimates created by consultants and local agencies as well as mentor other designers. Apply today!
Our next application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 28, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Design and prepare roadway plans, transportation facilities, freeway widening, new interchange, interstate maintenance, intersection, new construction or major reconstruction of state highways, urban highways and emergency or high priority projects.
· Coordinate the resolution of design or project development issues or complexities on project teams.
· Prepare or review engineering plans, special provisions, specifications and cost estimates for assigned projects.
· Recommend revisions to design-related policies and standards and be the engineer of record on projects.
· Consult with and coordinate design activities, including risk management, construction staging, and conceptual design development and scoping with other technical disciplines, local agencies, construction and maintenance field offices and engineering consultants.
· Manage assigned work within project cost, schedule and budget.
· Coordinate and provide technical assistance to region construction and maintenance functions including permits.
· Create informational presentations on assigned projects and testify in court if litigation arises for assigned projects.
· Coordinate, review and check field location data and preliminary designs for compliance with state and federal design standards.
· Work in an office environment with hybrid work options available.
· Occasional overnight travel may be required.
· Occasional field work can involve exposure to heavy traffic, all weather conditions and may be required to work 20 feet or more above ground/water.
To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in Portland, Oregon!
What we need:
A valid professional engineer’s (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain professional registration in Oregon within six months of hire.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Experience designing interstate or expressway (multilane, new construction, and major reconstruction).
· Experience designing major new construction and reconstruction on highways, city streets and/or county roads.
· Project delivery experience throughout life cycle of the project.
· Experience preparing technical memorandums and design exceptions or variations.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 28 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
For questions, call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov