Oregon Department of Transportation
Initial Posting Date:
Department of Transportation
$4,607 – $7,082
Data Analyst – Project Delivery Performance Measurement
Operations & Policy Analyst 2 – Data Analyst – Project Delivery Performance Measurement
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Statewide Project Delivery Branch
Project Development Section / Project Management Office
Are you ready to positively impact our internal transportation project delivery operations and how our external partners operate and carry out their work with us? In this role, you will evaluate programs and metrics, measure performance, and provide reporting. Your work will help inform our agency’s scoping and project delivery process and improving all aspects of performance measurement. Apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
- Design and deliver project delivery data and statistical analyses, econometrics and performance measurement.
- Provide data analysis, master statistical discovery and data visualization tools and apply best practices in data visualization and performance reporting.
- Research to identify and apply metrics for data-based reports and dashboards.
- Support efforts to track and report branch performance indicators across work types and funding categories.
- Monitor, track, assess and recommend improvements to all transportation project management reports.
- Assist in the continual improvement of the overall efficiency and effectiveness of agency transportation project management through data quality/integrity assessments of performance measure data sets.
- Evaluate compliance with performance measurements; prepare findings and recommend actions.
- Identify data sources and document, validate, test, and ensure the reliability of data fields, use and interpretation.
- Collaborate with a matrixed team to develop and validate methodologies and report structures and work with user groups to evaluate usefulness and effectiveness of reports generated.
- Create and carry out communication strategies to involve and inform customers, staff and stakeholders.
- Remote work options available: work in an office environment with occasional travel required.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, remote work options, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
Want to know about new job postings? Click here to subscribe for email notifications through GovDelivery!
What we need:
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of experience related to data analysis and performance measurement and reporting.
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and two years professional-level evaluative, analytical, and planning work related to data analysis and performance measurement and reporting.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing performance measures; supporting their use into agency business processes and evaluating operational compliance via data analysis, tracking and reporting out on statistics, econometrics and overall performance.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Excel, Access, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
- Experience with SQL Server, Visual Basic, PowerBI, and Data Warehouse systems.
- Experience performing database queries and statistical analyses via the linkage of computer-based data sources and use of data software to generate automated performance reporting and data visualization.
- Experience preparing data-based and statistical reports and presenting findings, including the ability to formulate procedural and policy recommendations and present to management for consideration.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and demonstrated experience collaborating with partners and customers to deliver successful products and services.
How to apply:
Before applying, click here to visit our applicant information website to learn more about our process.
Complete the following required steps:
- Attach a resume. Your resume must include dates (MM/YYYY) for each employer. Please contact the recruiter under the ‘Need help?’ section if you have any questions about how to attach a document.
- Attach a cover letter. Your cover letter should clearly demonstrate how your experience and training relates to the qualities that you have under the “what we’d like to see” section above.
- Your cover letter must be limited to no more than two (2) pages.
- Please address your cover letter to Oscar Njuju, Project Management Office Manager.
- Generic cover letters and/or cover letters that do not address the qualities that you have under the “what we’d like to see” section may receive lower scores than those that addressed the desired qualities.
- If you are an external applicant, you must upload your cover letter in the ‘Resume/CV’ section of the application.
- Complete questionnaire. Answer the checkbox-style questions before submitting your application.
- After you submit your application, please respond to the public records request authorization and gender identity questionnaire. This screen will come after you submit and will complete the process. If you are an employee, the tasks will come to your Workday inbox.
- If you are a veteran, you may receive preference. Click here for more information about veterans’ preference. The task to claim preference will come after the public records request and gender identity questionnaire tasks. Click here for a guide on how to upload your documents. For privacy reasons, please do not attach your DD214/DD215/civil service preference letter to your application or combine it with any other required document attachments.
For questions, call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.oregon.gov.
The fine print:
- We may also use other factors to help us decide who will move forward, such as transferable skills, experience, education, and alignment with ODOT values.
- We do not offer visa sponsorship. If you are hired, you will be required to fill out the US Department of Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming you are able to work in the US.
- Don’t attach extra documents. We will only look at documents that we ask for.
- We may use this recruitment to fill multiple or future vacancies.
- We will conduct name-based criminal background checks on final candidates, not including current ODOT employees. All applicants may be subject to additional pre-employment check(s) such as driver license, LEDS (Law Enforcement Data System), and/or education verification as required for the position.
- You will be represented by the Association of Engineering Employees of Oregon (AEE).
Human Resources/Recruitment, MS12
355 Capitol St NE
Salem OR 97301-3871
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or any other class protected by state or federal laws in admission or access to our programs, services, activities, hiring, and employment practices. Applicants with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation during the application process. For questions, concerns, or complaints regarding EEO/AA/ADA, contact 1-877-336-6368 (1-877-EEO-ODOT). This information can be made available in an alternative format by contacting ODOT Recruitment at 503-986-3700. Oregon Relay Service can be reached by calling 7-1-1.
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.oregon.gov