Research Analyst 4 – Equity Data Manager
Oregon Department of Transportation
Office of Equity & Civil Rights
Salary Range: $5,747 – $8,831
Do you have a passion for equity focused initiatives and want to be a leader in how equity and community-based data is used to inform agency decisions? Our Office of Equity & Civil Rights (OECR) is hiring for an equity data manager. In this role, you will serve as a strategic and tactical leader, to evaluate new approaches and innovative tools that help programs achieve more equitable outcomes! Apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions. We hope you’ll join us on our path to increasing diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging through our values, commitments, strategies and actions.
A day in the life:
- Develop best practices for how engagement data can be used to inform the program, projects and policy findings made throughout the agency.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to develop standards and methods for collecting race and gender data for state procurements.
- Act as a liaison between OECR and other ODOT programs to advise and support the application and use of the Social Equity Index Map.
- Evaluate, identify and develop initiatives and implementation plans in response to needs and priorities.
- Research, inform and develop best practices for OECR data reporting and standards.
- Review, interpret and inform OECR on laws, directives and guidance as it relates to OECR’s data and reporting.
- Analyze, plan and manage data driven research projects with an emphasis on diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Work is performed in an office setting with hybrid work options available – may need to travel in and out of the state overnight for various types of meetings and conferences.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, paid leave and so much more. Learn more
- about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation and the benefits we offer.
Competitive benefits packages which can be estimated using our compensation calculator.
- Comprehensive and equitable base salary offer within the listed range based on your experience, skills and education. The salary range listed is the non-PERS participating rate. If you are already a participating PERS member or once you become PERS eligible, the salary range will increase by 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness opportunity!
Five years of research experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the five years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
A bachelor’s degree in any disciplines that included six-quarter units in statistics or quantitative analysis methods and procedures, AND three years experience using computerized applications to independently gather, compile, and analyze data and prepare narrative or statistical reports. Two of the three years must have included coordinating complex research projects.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these attributes, let us know in your application materials! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! You do not need to have all these qualities to be eligible for this position. We may also use transferable skills, experience, education and alignment with ODOT values to help us decide who will move forward.
- Advanced proficiency with database reporting and query writing and Microsoft Office applications (especially Access and Excel), SAS, SQL, and data warehousing.
- Demonstrated experience applying statistical software to edit and tabulate data reports.
- Demonstrated ability to recommend program actions based on research findings.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, interpret and present technical reports and narrative summaries to a lay audience verbally and in tabular, graphic or pictorial form.
- Demonstrated experience in program or project management, monitoring and reporting on performance.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Tuesday, February 13, 2024. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
For questions, call 971-273-8687 or email ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitmentEM@odot.oregon.gov