Oregon Department of Transportation
Operations & Policy Analyst 2 – Legal Programs Analyst
Oregon Department of Transportation
Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV)
Program Services Group – Budget and Legal Support Section
As the legal programs analyst, you will coordinate and manage the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Civil Rights Act Title VI programs to ensure compliance with federal and state nondiscrimination laws. You will provide interpretation, technical expertise and analysis related to statutes, regulations and administrative rule. You will also draft policy recommendations, propose plans for consideration by executive management and coordinate administrative reviews. These programs affect millions of Oregon residents, so join our team and make a difference!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Respond to customer comments, questions, concerns and requests related to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and other federal and state nondiscrimination authorities.
- Conduct research of statutes, rules, regulations and case law to establish DMV’s nondiscrimination responsibilities and provide written policy options to management.
- Recommend changes to divisionwide program areas to improve compliance with the law and service quality for customers.
- Draft legislative concepts and administrative rules.
- Prepare legislative testimony for management and legislative liaisons.
- Testify in court in response to subpoenas and lawsuits.
- Prepare administrative reviews of revocation, suspension and cancellation orders issued by the DMV, review requests for reconsideration of administrative review final orders and assess whether to maintain or change the decision.
- Accept or deny hearing requests.
- Assign administrative hearing and administrative review requests to staff and ensure completion within timelines.
- Contact petitioners, attorneys, courts, law enforcement, other units and out-of-state agencies to obtain clarification, evidence and information.
- Prepare case files for appeals.
- Work is performed in an office environment and may require occasional travel and overtime.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of experience that typically supports the knowledge and skills for the classification.
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; AND two years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Skill in interpreting written documents and requirements such as federal regulations and other laws.
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks while meeting strict deadlines.
- Experience exercising judgement in complex and nuanced situation.
- Strong program improvement skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2022.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-910-6372 or email ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitmentCC@odot.oregon.gov