Oregon Department of Transportation
Business Operations Manager 1 – Business and Operations Manager
Government & External Relations
Salary Range: $5,875 – $9,086
Come join our team as a business and operations manager! In this role you will lead a team of professionals that are passionate about the work that is done at ODOT. You will help behind the scenes to ensure the work supports the communities, people and businesses we serve.
Our first application screening is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Develop and execute biennial operating budget and develop, in coordination with the ODOT Budget Office, preparation of the biennial legislative budget request, including review and development of policy option packages.
· Serve as budget advisor to Director, Assistant Directors, and headquarters section managers, including supporting Director’s Office and headquarters managers to ensure appropriate use of legislative budget limitations and proper use of funds.
· Ensure proper oversight and compliance of funds supporting Director’s Office and headquarters functions with financial standards, and accounting and audit controls.
· Approve invoices and ensure proper training and protocol for invoice approval and processing within the Director’s Office and headquarters.
· Manage positions, permanent financing, and other personnel-related administrative tasks to ensure appropriate levels of staffing and support needed to meet the needs of the office.
· Support Director’s Office and Headquarters managers in development and execution of Interagency Agreements (IAA), Intergovernmental Agreements (IGA), and vendor contracts.
· Provide section direction, leadership, and performance management through effective recruitment, coaching, and retention of headquarters executive support staff, AskODOT program staff, and public records program staff.
· Manage agency delegation orders to ensure appropriate delegation and timely documentation.
· Hybrid remote work may be available, with manager approval.
To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
Five years of lead work, supervision, or progressively related experience;
Two years of related experience and a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Demonstrated ability to successfully manage competing deadlines in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment.
· Demonstrated ability to coach, develop, and manage performance of employees.
· Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment, tact, and discretion regarding sensitive or confidential issues.
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of internal stakeholders with competing interests or priorities.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 14, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
For questions, call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov