Oregon Department of Transportation
Procurement & Contract Specialist 3 – Procurement & Contract Specialist
Oregon Department of Transportation
Support Services Division / Procurement Office
Salary Range: $5,148 – $7,902
We are seeking someone with experience in procurement and contract management to join our team. In this role you will develop, review and process agreements for goods and services. You will also provide consultation on strategy, contract remedy, and ensuring that contracts are in compliance with state and federal requirements. Bring your skills to this critical position. Apply today!
This is a limited duration appointment that is expected to end on or before June 30, 2023. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service. This position has the potential to become permanent.
The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at a Procurement & Contract Specialist 3 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for a Procurement & Contract Specialist 2 ($4,693 – $7,180) to apply, as we may consider underfilling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for a Procurement & Contract Specialist 3. Underfill training will not exceed three years.
Our first application screening is scheduled for 9:00 a.m. on 2/2/2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Coordinate all phases of the contractor selection process in accordance with state and federal rule, regulations and policies.
· Negotiation, execute and administer legally binding contracts.
· Analyze procurement requests to determine feasibility.
· Modify contract terms and conditions as appropriate to remain in compliance with statute and rules.
· Coordinate pre-bid and pre-proposal conferences and provide information about solicitation process.
· Award contracts to successful contractor(s). Draft contract documents for execution and distribution.
· Track contracting activity, from pre-bid through expiration.
· Administer executed contracts, take appropriate measures regarding deliverables, cost and dispute resolution.
· Coordinate contract amendment process, ensuring that amendments are in compliance.
· Work is performed Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional travel is required to attend meetings and to provide training sessions.
· To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need for a procurement & contract specialist 3:
Five years procurement and contract experience related to the position such as developing and administering standard contracts, agreements, or solicitations.
A bachelor’s degree and two years of professional-level procurement and contract experience related to the position.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to five years of procurement and contract experience related to the position.
What we need for a procurement & contract specialist 2 underfill option:
Four years procurement and contract experience related to the position. Two of the four years must have been at the professional level such as developing and administering standard contracts, agreements, or solicitations.
A bachelor’s degree and one year of professional-level procurement and contract experience related to the position.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to four years of procurement and contract experience related to the position.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· Knowledge and experience with public or private procurement business practices for contracting such as initiating a contract, negotiating, quality control/assurance, obtaining approvals, post-award contract administration, record retention and archiving.
· Experience providing guidance in evaluating and analyzing risks associated with contracts or contracting processes.
· Experience communicating and presenting complex information to a variety of audiences in various settings; including in person, in writing, via presentations, and in collaborative document development.
· Experience providing technical assistance by interpreting and clarifying contract terms or solicitation rules to ensure compliance with federal and state laws or business practices.
· Experience in creating and responding to requests for proposal and invitations to bid.
Learn more and apply:
Our first application screening is scheduled for 8 a.m. on Thursday, February 2, 2023. We encourage interested applicants not to delay in applying.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
For questions, email: ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov