Oregon Department of Transportation
rofessional Engineer 1 – Senior Designer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 2
Technical Center / Roadway Unit
Salary Range: $6,060 – $9,402
We are looking for a professional engineer to join our Region 2 roadway crew in Salem. As a senior designer, you will work as part of a team to design complex highway transportation construction projects. Projects typically involve freeway safety, overlay and modernization, major reconstruction of rural and urban arterial highways, major bridge replacement, city streets, county roads and more. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
· Prepare and design the roadway portion of plans and estimates for complex transportation projects in compliance with federal, state and local design standards.
· Review design considerations such as right of way requirements, safety features and cost.
· Participate in project teams and provide technical guidance on project development.
· Consult with and coordinate contract plan preparations with other units.
· Answer questions from other staff, the public and other agencies.
· Present and implement approved team proposals and provide feedback during team meetings.
· Mentor new, developmental or rotational staff.
· Work is performed in a typical office environment at ODOT Region 2 Headquarters with occasional field scoping, inspection trips and meetings throughout the region.
To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
Live, work and play in Salem, Oregom!
What we need:
A valid Professional Engineer’s (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering.
Note: If registered in another state, successful applicant will be required to obtain comity within six months of hire.
Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considere
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
· A degree in civil transportation related engineering.
· Experience with ODOT roadway design procedures.
· Experience developing plans, specifications and cost estimates for public agency transportation projects.
· Experience with InRoads, MicroStation and other Bentley design software packages.
· Ability to mentor and oversee less experienced designers.
· Ability to contribute to and work well in a multidisciplinary team.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, January 30, 2023.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-400-5327 or email ODOTRecruitmentSH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov