Oregon Department of Transportation
Professional Engineer 2 – Resident Engineer
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery & Operations Division – Region 2
Construction Section/Area 3
Salary Range: 7,494.00 – 11,586.00
Join our team as a resident engineer! In this role, you will direct the development of outsourced contracts for highly complex construction projects and the contract administration of all approved construction contracts. You will also be the organizational expert in the management of construction and consultant design contracts and help mentor other staff. Apply today!
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
A day in the life:
- Contract development from beginning of contract to final award selection.
- Responsible for project scoping.
- Selection of alternative contract techniques.
- Development of pre-qualification criteria and coordination of the Request for Proposal process.
- Lead vendor selection process and Contract Award.
- Provide a key role in evaluation of vendor proposals.
- Responsible for the coordination of contract administration and project management.
- Oversee the design, pre-bid and pre-construction meetings.
- Establish and maintain positive relations with contractor/consultant staff.
- Manage contact claims.
- Work requires being on call 24 hours a day/7 days a week (including holidays), frequent travel to remote construction sites, working around heavy traffic and construction equipment and working in adverse weather conditions.
- To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
- A valid professional engineer’s (PE) license in civil, structural, or transportation-related engineering and three (3) years of journey level professional engineer experience.
NOTE: If registered in another state, successful applicants will be required to obtain comity within six months of hire.
- Driving is an essential function of this position. You must have a valid driver license and an acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s). Your license does not have to be issued in Oregon to be considered.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
Note: You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Experience in being Responsible Charge of the assigned contract(s) and overall review authority.
- Application of professional engineering judgment and principles in development and administration of complex highway construction contract management situations.
- Knowledge and experience in consultant project delivery model.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on 10/05/22.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Please email: ODOTRecruitmentNH@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer