Planner 3 – Senior Transportation Planner (Limited Duration or Rotational Opportunity) (Multiple Positions)
Oregon Department of Transportation
Policy, Data & Analysis Division
Statewide Policy & Planning Section / Transportation Planning Unit
Salem / Hybrid Work Optional
Salary: $5,498 – $8,525
We are recruiting for a senior transportation planner! In this role, you will scope, analyze and implement programs, rules, guidelines and plans for Oregon’s Climate Friendly and Equitable Communities program. You will also develop and review agreements and contracts to ensure compliance and best practices so that Oregon’s plans meet the state’s goals. Apply today!
This is a limited duration appointment that is expected to end on or before June 30, 2025. Limited duration appointments are benefits eligible and have a designated maximum length of service. The limited duration appointment has the potential to become permanent.
We may also fill this position as a rotational assignment open to current State of Oregon employees. Rotational assignments do not have the potential to become permanent without a separate competitive recruitment process. This opportunity will last until 06/30/2025, but the duration can change at any time depending on business needs. You must have your manager’s approval before applying for this assignment.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for our positions and hope you will join us on our path to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an agency that embraces social equity through our values, strategic planning, and actions. Leaning into our equity priorities means we continually examine what we do, the impact we have, and our progress toward weaving social equity into who we are. To learn more about our social equity commitments, visit our Social Equity website.
Before applying, click here to visit our applicant information website to learn more about our process.
If you are a current State of Oregon employee, you must apply through your employee Workday profile.
A day in the life:
· Scope, budget and track projects for the climate friendly and equitable communities (CFEC) program.
· Provide contract and project management guidance for transportation system plans (TSP) meeting CFEC requirements.
· Develop and negotiate contract scopes of work.
· Provide guidance to local agencies about transportation planning processes and procedures.
· Monitor public involvement and other related work to ensure TSPs are within state and federal compliance.
· Work with other units to ensure transportation analysis functions are being completed.
· Be an expert in CFEC implementation to further the development of the program.
· Develop and maintain a working knowledge in federal and state policies, regulations, natural and social systems related to the program.
· Research and present information to internal and external partners.
· Assist and coordinate with statewide policy plan, multi-modal and topic plans to further CFEC objectives.
· Hybrid work options available – work in an office environment with occasional limited in and out-of-state travel required.
· To request a copy of the position description, which includes all duties and working conditions, please email ODOTRecruitment@odot.oregon.gov.
What’s in it for you:
· Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Learn more about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
· Live, work and play in Oregon’s beautiful Willamette Valley!
Want to know about new job postings? Subscribe to receive weekly email notifications!
Six (6) years of planning experience related to the job.
Note: Course work in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field can substitute for up to two (2) year of the progressively responsible experience.
A bachelor’s degree in urban or regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field;
Three (3) years of progressively responsible planning experience related to the job.
Note: A master’s degree in regional planning, public administration, social science, civil engineering, architecture, economics, geography or a related field may substitute for one (1) year of experience.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these attributes, let us know in your application materials! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! You do not need to have all these qualities to be eligible for this position. We may also use transferable skills, experience, education and alignment with ODOT values to help us decide who will move forward.
· General knowledge of transportation and planning concepts.
· Able to work with multiple internal and external partners on politically delicate topics.
· Able to interpret state and federal rules and regulations.
· Able to scope and manage planning contracts and agreements.
Learn more and apply:
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on Tuesday, December 12, 2023.
Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-779-9733 or email ODOTRecruitmentJB@odot.oregon.gov.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job email your details to ODOTRecruitmentJB@odot.oregon.gov