As a Federal Technical Grants Specialist for RK&K you will provide technical grant writing and coordination for funding opportunities related to civil infrastructure (infrastructure bill) programs. Opportunities include transportation, water/wastewater, environmental/resiliency among others. This person can work in any of our 30 locations and we will support a remote or hybrid working environment for the right person.
- Effectively identify, write, and submit grant applications for infrastructure, civil engineering, and environmental programs for federal, public, and private sector customers
- Develops resources, researches funding sources, and creates/maintains a knowledge base for ongoing grant and funding efforts related to civil and environmental infrastructure
- Understand focus areas for grantors and works closely with RK&K leaders to develop meaningful professional relationships with grantors project managers and administrators
- Prepare and submit benefit cost and financial analysis
- Prepare, draft, submit agreement documentation (grant schedule, negotiation memorandums, delegation letters etc.)
- Prepares and manages proposals for grants in accordance with funder’s policies and legal requirements.
- Negotiates contractual provisions with potential partners.
In conjunction with the accounting/finance department; oversee invoicing, accounting, reporting and other administrative functions related to grants
- Provide guidelines and standard operating procedures for grant proposals
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, legal, finance or other related field
- Five (5) + years of experience writing and administering federal assistance/grant programs for public or federal sector civil and/or environmental infrastructure funding. Candidates will be asked to share funding amounts won through these grants
- Three (3) + years managing full lifecycle grant/proposal activities
- Experience working with Federal awarding agencies and/or non-governmental organizations (NGO) such as: FHW, FTA, NOAA, FHWA, USDA, IIJA and others
Direct experience writing and managing grants for one or more of the following areas: Transportation, Water/Wastewater, Environmental/Resiliency
- Must have experience providing benefit cost analysis and financial analysis
- Experience interpreting and applying federal regulations and policy directives
- Experience developing program budget, cost analysis, allowability and allocability
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger project team including multiple inter-disciplinary stakeholders, internal and external
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org