*** $2,500 Hiring Incentive! ***
Current Department of Transportation Employees do NOT qualify for Hiring Incentive
Job ID: 17876
Agency: Department of Transportation / Division of Planning and Engineering Administration / Local Government Assistance
Salary: $25.88 – $30.12 per hour, depending on experience
Pay Grade: E1 – E2
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
This is a full-time position with the Department of Transportation. For more information on the Department of Transportation, please visit https://dot.sd.gov/.
This position administers consultant work orders and is the responsible manager for various consultant projects in Local Government Assistance, Administration Program. Duties include preparing work orders, directing the consultant’s work, answering questions and ensuring project schedules are met. The incumbent also assists in final plan reviews of various projects which may include hydraulics and bridge design, county signing and pavement marking projects, and county Emergency Relief (ER) such as grade raises, to name a few.
Work is typically performed in an office environment with eight hour workdays Monday – Friday. Some in-state travel is required for structure construction inspections, landowner meetings, public hearings, etc. with occasional overnight stays as necessary for long distance and/or multi-day work trips.
Must be able to physically traverse natural and constructed terrain in the field around structure construction sites to perform inspections.
Qualifications of the successful applicant will determine the engineering classification level assigned. Salary will be set depending on qualifications.
Licenses and Certifications:
Depending upon experience level, applicants should possess or be eligible to obtain either FE or PE license.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
Only applicants with a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or related field will be considered.
– civil, environmental and structural engineering principles, practices and theories;
– familiarity with structural engineering design software and/or MUTCD;
– DOT consultant services procedures.
– provide excellent communication skills, customer service, and organization;
– use Microsoft Office products and engineering design software (Microstation).
– read, interpret, and evaluate engineering plans, and specifications for acceptable engineering practices;
– organize, analyze, calculate, and evaluate available information and draw upon reasonable conclusions;
– communicate information clearly and concisely;
– effectively plan, organize and prioritize work activities to meet schedules and deadlines;
– work in a team environment;
– develop positive working relationships.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE
The State of South Dakota does not sponsor work visas for new or existing employees. All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and complete an Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9. The State of South Dakota as an employer will be using E-Verify to complete employment eligibility verification upon hire.
The State of South Dakota offers employer paid health insurance plus ten paid holidays, generous vacation and sick leave accrual, dental, vision, and other insurance options, and retirement benefits. You can view our benefits information at https://bhr.sd.gov/job-seekers/work-for-state-government/. This position is a member of Class A retirement under SDRS.
Must apply online: https://sodakprod-lm01.cloud.infor.com:1443/lmghr/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=G7Z
You must apply online, emailed resumes or submissions will not be accepted.
South Dakota Bureau of Human Resources
Telephone: 605.773.3148 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“An Equal Opportunity Employer”
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com