State of Connecticut
The State of Connecticut Department of Transportation (DOT) is now accepting applications for an exciting Transportation Engineer Trainee (Construction) in the Office of Construction in the Bureau of Engineering & Construction!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
– Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
– Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
– Paid time off including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
– A culture that encourages work/life balance
– Professional growth and development opportunities
– Full Time, 40 hours per week
– Monday – Friday, First Shift (working hours may include days, nights, weekends, and holidays when assigned)
– Location: New Haven, Thomaston, Norwich, or Rocky Hill with additional assignments statewide
– A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required and must be maintained
– Applicants must be available to travel for training, conferences, meetings, field reviews, to and from job sites, etc., both within and outside of normal working hours, when necessary
Current students who will be graduating with a bachelor’s degree in engineering or construction management by the end of May 2023 are strongly encouraged to apply!
*New hires to state service start at pay plan FS 18, Step 5
Transportation Engineer Trainees work as construction field inspectors/engineers on various types of transportation infrastructure projects, including bridges, highways, traffic signal installations, and vertical facilities. Discover the opportunity to:
– Problem solve, recommend, and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
– Contribute to providing safe and efficient transportation improvements for the traveling public
– Showcase your oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
– Read and analyze or prepare construction plans and estimates
Transportation Engineer Trainees receive training to develop technical engineering skills and knowledge. After successfully completing your one-year training program, you will be promoted to the target class of Transportation Engineer 1 (Construction Engineering). After successfully completing two years as a Transportation Engineer 1, you will be promoted to Transportation Engineer 2 (Construction Engineering).
Application Details: Please list your Driver’s license number, expiration date, and issuing State, Engineer in Training license number (if applicable) and any other job-relevant licenses or certifications you hold, in the Licenses and Professional Certifications section of your application.
WHO WE ARE
At DOT, our mission is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. Learn more about our mission, vison, and values here!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com