Are you passionate about shaping the future of transportation in Connecticut?
If so, come join our great team of engineering professionals and make an ImpaCT!
Current students who will be graduating with a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering by the end of December 2024 are strongly encouraged to apply!
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT), is now accepting applications for Transportation Engineer Trainee positions throughout the State! Transportation Engineer Trainees work in many different capacities agency-wide. Positions are available throughout the Bureau of Engineering and Construction.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
– Competitive salary.
– Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage.
– Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings.
– Paid time off including 13 paid holidays per calendar year.
– Learn more about what sets us apart as an employer with our Employer Value Proposition.
– A culture that encourages work/life balance.
– Professional growth and development opportunities.
– On-site low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria, and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging.
– Ample free parking with easy access from major highways or by public transportation.
– Tuition reimbursement.
– Work for a Forbes top company: State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 – State of CT receives National Recognition for offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits and Flexible Schedule.
– State of Connecticut is an eligible Public Service Loan Forgiveness employer, meaning you may be eligible to have qualifying student loans forgiven after 10 years of service. Click here for more information.
– Join an award winning agency! CTDOT was recently awarded the Employer of the Year award by the Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE)!
– Full Time, 40 hours per week
– Monday through Friday
– Location: Positions available at the DOT Headquarters in Newington, and in District Offices throughout the State
– Applicants must be available to travel for training, conferences, meetings, field reviews, etc.
– A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required and must be maintained
– This position is eligible to apply for telework after successful completion of the working test period, and thereafter, in accordance with the Telework Policy which can be found here. Employees in their initial working test period must work on site in the office.
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
– Problem solve, recommend and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
– Contribute to providing safe and efficient transportation improvements for the traveling public
– Utilize computer aided design software (MicroStation) and other applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
– Read and analyze or prepare construction plans and estimates
The successful candidate will have experience with:
– Utilizing engineering-related computer software
– Working as part of a team
– Providing verbal and written communication to a diverse population, including presentation skills
– Using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Project, and Microsoft Access
– Multitasking and managing large workloads
Transportation Engineer Trainee- $70,857/annually
After successful completion of a one (1) year training program, you will be promoted to Transportation Engineer 1 (Engineering)- $79,070-$97,241/annually
After successful completion of two (2) years as a Transportation Engineer 1, you will be promoted to Transportation Engineer 2 (Engineering)- $89,018-$114,967/annually
Please list your Driver’s license number, expiration date, and issuing State, Engineer in Training license number (if applicable) and any other job-relevant licenses or certifications you hold, in the Licenses and Professional Certifications section of your application.
The mission of the DOT is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. Visit our website to learn more about the Connecticut DOT!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com