State of Connecticut
The State of Connecticut, Department of Transportation (DOT), is now accepting applications for Transportation Engineer Trainee positions in the Bureau of Engineering and Construction, Division of Bridges, in the Soils and Foundations section.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU
– Competitive starting salary
– Industry leading health benefits, including medical and dental coverage
– Extensive pension plan and supplemental retirement offerings
– Paid time off including 13 paid holidays per calendar year
– A culture that encourages work/life balance
– Professional growth and development opportunities
– On-site low-cost fitness center, on-site cafeteria and Electric Vehicle (EV) charging
– Ample free parking with easy access from major highways or by public transportation
– Tuition reimbursement
– Working for a Forbes top company: State of Connecticut Ranked One of the Best Employers of 2023 – State of CT Receives National Recognition for Offering Job Growth, Competitive Benefits, and Flexible Schedule
– Full Time, 40 hours per week
– Monday through Friday
– Location: Newington
– Hybrid (office/telework) may be available
– Join an award winning agency! CT DOT has been recently awarded the Employer of the Year award by the Connecticut Society of Civil Engineers (CSCE)!
Please list your Driver’s license number, expiration date, and issuing State, Engineer in Training license number (if applicable) and any other job-relevant licenses or certifications you hold, in the Licenses and Professional Certifications section of your application.
DISCOVER THE OPPORTUNITY TO
– Problem solve, recommend and implement effective solutions in a timely manner
– Contribute to providing safe and efficient transportation improvements for the traveling public
– Utilize computer aided design software (MicroStation) and other applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
– Showcase your oral, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Engineers in the SOILS AND FOUNDATIONS (S&F) section:
– provide design and review services related to soil, rock and foundations for the planning, design, construction and maintenance of roads, bridges and facilities
– conduct subsurface exploration programs to characterize subsurface conditions
– determine representative samples for soil and rock laboratory testing
– perform laboratory soil testing and interpret results from soil/rock laboratory testing
– select/design the most appropriate foundations for structures
– prepare geotechnical reports and other technical documents
– review geotechnical work prepared by consultant engineering firms
– provide technical support to Maintenance personnel involving rock slopes and roadway instability
– provide specialized engineering support during construction involving review of working drawing submissions, responses to Requests for Information (RFI’s), and responses to Requests for Change (RFC’s)
– Applicants must be available to travel for training, conferences, meetings, field reviews, etc. both within and outside of normal working hours, when necessary. A valid motor vehicle operator’s license is required and must be maintained.
*Salary Note: New hires to State service start at Paygrade FS 18, step 5, currently $69,128 annually.
Transportation Engineer Trainees receive training to develop technical engineering skills and knowledge. After successfully completing your one-year training program, you will be promoted to the target class of Transportation Engineer 1 (Engineering). The target class has a minimum qualification of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and one (1) year of experience in transportation engineering or transportation construction engineering. For State employees, the one (1) year of experience must have been at the level of a Transportation Engineer Trainee. After successfully completing two years as a Transportation Engineer 1, you will be promoted to Transportation Engineer 2 (Engineering).
The mission of the DOT is to provide a safe and efficient intermodal transportation network that improves the quality of life and promotes economic vitality for the State and the region. To learn more about our mission, vision and values, please click here. Visit our website to learn more about the Connecticut DOT!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com