TxDOT’s Rail Division is excited to announce this Rail Letting Project Lead based at the Stassney Headquarters in Austin. Lead the railroad coordination statewide for the state highway construction projects.
To learn more about TxDOT, we welcome you to watch the following video . Stassney Campus: https://youtu.be/ u42vEZacDgA
Minimum Salary: 67,000.00 Maximum Salary: 85,000.00 Pay Basis: Yearly
Work Locations: Stassney Hq – Lab
6230 East Stassney Lane
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time Shift: Day Job Shift Details: 40 Location Flexibility: Hybrid Location Flexibility Details: M-F, 8 hours per day.
Benefits and Perks At TxDOT, we value employee work-life balance. In keeping with our commitment to this value, our employees benefit from a wide array of programs and activities that include:
Alternative Work Schedules
Health Premiums paid at 100% for full-time employees
On the Job Training
Tuition Assistance Program
Comprehensive Wellness Program/Wellness Leave Incentives
Career Development Programs/Opportunities for advancement
For a complete list of our total compensation package please visit our website at: Total Compensation Package
To view benefits available to all State of Texas employees visit: Benefits at a Glance | ERS (texas.gov)
Lead worker over embedded Rail Division employees based in various districts. Provides detailed high-level technical expertise and coordination for rail-highway transportation programs and projects involving multiple design and advanced building construction projects and maintenance projects in accordance with Department standards. Assists with project planning and oversight, and the development of policies and procedures for area of responsibility. Reports to the Rail Letting Section Director. Work requires extensive contact with governmental officials at the federal, state, and local levels, consultants, contractors, special interest groups, and private entities. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product.
-Serve as a lead worker
-Train and mentor district embedded rail project managers
– Lead regular status update meetings with embedded rail project managers
-Oversee railroad coordination of highway advanced engineering/architectural projects from initiation to completion
-Prioritize project assignments, determine work requirements to complete project plans and coordinate scheduling to accommodate projects already underway
-Proactively resolve railroad technical issues with construction projects and streamline railroad coordination
-Primary escalation point for issues during design and construction such as constructability issues, allocation of railroad resources, change orders, and trespass by State forces/contractors
– Provides dispute resolution services for railroad related engineering, construction, and maintenance issues
– Provide advanced technical expertise regarding railroad requirements for construction and maintenance projects such as scope of work, schematics, plans, what is allowed and not allowed on railroad right of way, and necessary agreements,
-Network with districts and railroad construction/maintenance staff
– Effectively communicate and negotiate with the district project managers, railroads, contractors, and external local entities regarding railroad coordination and agreements; and ensure projects are ready for letting
– Have a good working knowledge of TRIMS and TxDOTConnect databases
– Ensure compliance with laws, rules, and regulations, and policies.
– Coordinate data collection, evaluations, analyses, studies, inspections, forecasts, and assessments.
– Researches and evaluates data, interpret and analyze results, prepare reports and recommend solutions to problems
– Make presentations and/or represent the Rail Division at various district and local meetings.
– Perform other job responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline. Relevant experience may be substituted for education on a year per year basis. Substitutions for Minimum Qualifications
Experience: 5 years railroad or highway transportation design, construction, traffic operations, maintenance. (Experience can be satisfied by fulltime or prorated parttime equivalent).
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid driver’s license. This position requires driving a state vehicle.
Preferred Qualifications:- 5 years railroad related (track and/or signal) construction and maintenance experience.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org