TxDOT’s Rail Division is excited to announce this Rail Project Manager based in the Beaumont District. Lead the railroad coordination for the state highway construction and other railroad-highway safety projects in a fast-growing area of Texas.
Minimum Salary: 56,000.00 Maximum Salary: 80,000.00 Pay Basis: Yearly
Work Locations: Beaumont District Headquarters
8350 EASTEX FREEWAY
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Day Job Shift Details: 40 Location Flexibility: Hybrid Location Flexibility Details: M-F, 8 hours per day
Benefits and Perks At TxDOT, we value employee work-life balance. In keeping with our commitment to this value, our employees benefit from a wide array of programs and activities that include:
Alternative Work Schedules
Health Premiums paid at 100% for full-time employees
On the Job Training
Tuition Assistance Program
Comprehensive Wellness Program/Wellness Leave Incentives
Career Development Programs/Opportunities for advancement
For a complete list of our total compensation package please visit our website at: Total Compensation Package
To view benefits available to all State of Texas employees visit: Benefits at a Glance | ERS (texas.gov)
Provides detailed high-level technical expertise and coordination for rail related transportation programs and projects involving multiple design and advanced building construction projects and maintenance projects in accordance with Department standards. Assists with project planning and oversight, and the development of policies and procedures for area of responsibility. Reports to the Rail Letting Section Director. Work requires extensive contact with governmental officials at the federal, state, and local levels, consultants, contractors, special interest groups, and private entities. Employees at this level are virtually self-supervising and assume direct accountability for the work product.
– Prioritize and ensure rail agreements are completed prior to the construction ready to let (let date).
– Coordinate construction projects.
– Coordinate with railroads, District and District contractors during construction and closeout of the project
– Manage the planning, administering, and monitoring of railroad coordination for the district.
– Coordinate Category 8 Federal Railway-Highway Safety (Section 130) and the Category 10 Rail Replanking projects at the district level including fieldwork, inspections, and entering project data and updates into TRIMS.
– Provide advanced technical expertise regarding railroad requirements for construction and maintenance projects such as scope of work, schematics, plans, what is allowed and not allowed on railroad right of way, and necessary agreements,
– Effectively communicate and negotiate with the district project managers, railroads, contractors, and external local entities regarding railroad coordination and agreements; and ensure timely stakeholder approvals.
– Train district project managers, proactively resolve technical issues, and streamline railroad coordination.
– Oversee the Railroad Project Manager Status Update meetings every two weeks.
– Work closely with the Rail Letting and the Rail Grade Crossing teams.
– Keep detailed records in TRIMS and TxDOT Connect databases in a timely manner.
– Ensures compliance with laws, rules, and regulations, and policies.
– Coordinate and oversee preparation of engineering design, environmental documents, plans, specifications and estimates for rail construction projects.
– Coordinates data collection, evaluations, analyses, studies, inspections, forecasts, and assessments.
– Make presentations and/or represent the Rail Division at various district and local meetings.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline. Relevant experience may be substituted for education on a year per year basis. Substitutions for Minimum Qualifications
Experience: 5 years railroad related design, construction or maintenance; highway related transportation design, construction, traffic operations or maintenance . (Experience can be satisfied by fulltime or prorated parttime equivalent).
Licenses and Certifications:
Valid driver’s license. This position requires driving a state vehicle.
5 years railroad related (track and/or signal) construction experience and maintenance experience.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com