Wisconsin Department of Transportation
Join our team as a Transportation Data Analyst (IS Business Automation Senior) and provide essential data needed to implement roadway improvement programs in the Division of Transportation Investment Management! This position is headquartered at the Hill Farms State Office building in Madison, WI.
WisDOT is a great place to work! In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, we offer a competitive benefits package featuring:
Substantial leave time including at least 3.5 weeks of vacation to start, 9 paid holidays, and ample accrued sick time that rolls over each year.
Excellent and affordable health, vision, and dental benefits (health plan options start at just $36/month for single plans and $89/month for family plans after two months of employment)
A casual office atmosphere, flexible work schedules, and telework options depending on the position’s requirements
An exceptional pension plan with employer match and lifetime retirement payment, plus an optional tax advantaged 457 retirement savings plan
Well Wisconsin Wellness Program
A free and confidential employee assistance program that offers employees and their immediate family dependents a variety of tools, resources, and professional consultation services to support their health, goals, and overall well-being
In addition to our generous employee benefits, we strive for inclusivity and celebrate different religious holidays and cultural observances and provide flexibility for utilizing paid time off for such celebrations. For more information on WisDOT you can visit our website by clicking here.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation is an organization dedicated to creating transportation solutions through innovation and exceptional service. We are committed to fostering an environment rooted in Integrity, Diversity, Excellence, and Accountability. Click here to learn more about how we apply these values in our work.
This position is the HPMS/STN Coordinator and serves as a business area and information systems expert that assists in management of the department’s Transportation Asset Management Data for DOT and Federal reporting purposes. In particular, the focal systems for this position include the State Trunk Network (STN) Inventory system, the Highway Performance Management System (HPMS) and roadway safety data associated with Model Inventory of Roadway Elements (MIRE) systems. Duties of this position include the following for these systems:
• Designing, developing, and maintaining business area systems and associated data.
• Maintain and document established models to ensure compatibility with evolving systems.
• Develop regular and ad hoc data analyses that address the needs of internal and external customers.
The focus of these systems is to provide essential data needed to implement the highway improvement program that annually exceeds $1 billion and to provide the basis to determine annual federal apportionments of over $800 million for Wisconsin transportation programs.
This position is in schedule-range (07-34) with an annual salary of $56,160-$72,800, plus excellent benefits. A twelve-month probationary period is required. Pay for current state employees will be set in accordance with the Wisconsin State Compensation Plan.
WisDOT does not sponsor work visas. Any appointment made will be contingent on the applicant being able to prove valid status to work in the United States.
Prior to any appointments for position(s) filled from this announcement, candidates may be subject to a comprehensive criminal background check which may include FBI fingerprinting.
Certain positions within this Department may allow remote/work from home flexibility for a portion of their work schedule, depending on the needs of the position and the work unit. This topic and any remote work flexibility that may be available will be discussed in more detail in the interview process. For positions that do allow remote work flexibility, although residency in the State of WI is not required for permanent positions, it is not anticipated that working outside of WI or bordering cities will be allowed as positions may at times need to report to office locations in WI on short notice.
All state employees are required to report their COVID vaccination status, whether vaccinated or not, and must provide supporting documentation if vaccinated. Newly hired employees will be required to submit this information within their first two weeks of employment. At this time, those who are unvaccinated are subject to weekly COVID-19 testing protocols.
Qualified applicants will have all the following:
• Experience with data analyses and reporting using Structured Query Language (SQL) with relational databases such as Oracle.
• Experience performing business-related activities as part of automated systems development (activities may include requirements gathering and management, data design & system analysis, system testing & training).
• Experience communicating complex and technical information to non-technical audiences.
In addition to having all the above, well qualified applicants will have one or more of the following:
• Experience in corporate databases and systems associated with highways, such as DOT STN Inventory, HPMS and MIRE federal specifications, linear referencing systems.
• Experience developing data integration, analysis, and reporting using business intelligence and analytics tools and platforms, such as Informatica, Python, SAS, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
• Experience with data analyses or reporting techniques using the ESRI suite of GIS products such as ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap, online and server platform products, use of Python.
To apply for this job email your details to Allison.Huiras@dot.wi.gov